Why I love to sketch!
- Sketches are AWESOME! Just like this hippo.
- They can be of anything and everything. Try experiment with different shapes.
- You can set your mind free…literally.
- As an architecture student sketches are considered work…well, if you can justify them that is;)
- Sketching is a good way to strengthen your drawing techniques.
- You can sketch anywhere you go. Get out, explore and sketch what you see.
- It gives you a purpose, even if you people tell you otherwise.
- Literally there are hundreds of other possibilities. Don’t stay up too late though, you might end up looking like this walrus. I know i’ve definitley felt like this.
I usually turn my old textbooks or school books into notebooks which I use in studio at uni, or just wherever I end up travelling to. I rarely buy actual notebooks, but when I do they’re usually the moleskin notebooks, just cos they’re easy to carry around, the paper is usually good quality and they look pretty sick! I always manage to fill them up straight away with random doodles and quotes…I really need to start focusing more:p
Why do you sketch?
This cracked me up: